- Clean layout with improved usability
- Consistent placement of page actions
- Clear separation of page-level and application-level actions
- Skins can be changed on the fly
- All styling done through CSS
- Same CSS for IE and Firefox
- XHTML complaint html
- Works with JSPWiki version 2.3.x and later
- Tested against JSPWiki version 2.3.72-alpha
Steps to Configure Skins:
- JSPWiki is used to denote the location of you wiki
- Unzip the contents of ButtonMenu2.zip to a temporary location
- Copy ButtonMenu2 dir to the JSPWiki/templates dir
- Edit JSPWiki/WEB-INF/jspwiki.properties to set templateDir to ButtonMenu2 e.g. 'jspwiki.templateDir = ButtonMenu2'
- To change wiki skins modify JSPWiki/templates/ButtonMenu2/ commonheader.jsp and choose one the following CSS files.
Start your JSPWiki and add button menus on the left menu by clicking the 'Edit page' button and adding wiki links.
This is an updated version of the original ButtonMenu template. The original ButtonMenu template worked with JSPWiki version 2.0.54 and stopped working with some changes that were introduced in JSPWiki 2.1.x. ButtonMenu2 template has been created and tested against version 2.3.72-alpha. The ButtonMenu2 template skin overrides the style for unordered list (UL) tag inside the left menu so that all the list items appear as buttons. Hence, you can easily create buttons by adding list items to your left menu as shown in the above example. The ButtonMenu2 template skins are CSS based and use a standard layout for all the skins. The layout for the wiki pages is defined in the JSP files under templates/ButtonMenu2 directory. The JSP files have no styling information; all the styles are governed by the CSS files. All the pages in the wiki include the commonheader.jsp which embeds the link to the correct CSS file. There are 4 pre-packaged CSS files namely: jspwikiblue.css, jspwikicopper.css, jspwikicream.css and jspwikigray.css. The CSS files work fine both for IE and Firefox and there is no need for separate CSS implementations for different browsers. Just make sure that whenever you modify the CSS files you test it for both IE and Firefox. This template is released under a LGPL License.